November 11, 2009

Office (or Boffice) Tip # 1: The best bed desk, or laptop desk, is a bolster.


My favourite boffice (bed/office) desk is a yoga bolster given to me by Chrissi many years ago.


I searched for ages on the internet for a good bed laptop desk, and even bought a couple of expensive ones to try out. But none are as comfy and versatile as the old yoga bolster.


In ergonomic terms, it is ideal. It rests securely on my thighs, at just the right height and distance so that my shoulders are relaxed.


And I can use a mini mouse on one end of it. The fabric makes a perfect mouse-pad.


It’s thick enough to protect my legs from frying from the EMFs and the heat from the laptop.


I can lean back into a mass of cushions and pillows andf feel fully supported, and I can keep re-adjusting my position so I don’t get locked into a stiff or damaging posture, so there’s less back pain and strain.


My bolster bed desk or laptop desk is easy to move to the side when I need to get up to get something that’s not in reach... altho with the whole bed area available, I can have a lot of things around me while I work.


And when I’m finished with working on the laptop, there’s no problem of where to store my desk (as with the other big ugly laptop desks) - as it looks great and blends back in as part of the furnishings. Or I can take it outside and use it for some yoga stretches.


No comments: